Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Just Like Guinevere

“It is rare that one can see in a little boy the promise of a good man, but one can always see in a little girl the threat of a woman.” I can’t remember who said that, but I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, not much about me has changed since childhood. I look just about the same; long brown hair, blue eyes, muscular legs. I have an independent spirit, am a little spastic, sometimes sassy and genuinely care a lot about people. I’ve even had the same goal ever since I was a little girl…To rule the world.


Since I’ve aged (just a bit), I have learned that in order to rule anything, there has to be a set of guidelines, expectations and more importantly beliefs. Therefore, I have spent my life formulating these three credentials. I will not bore you with guidelines and expectations; however, I will share with you my beliefs (note: some assistance provided in making my list). Afterall, Gavin preaches that belief makes things real… and true. Though I understand not all of my beliefs will be supported by the masses.

Here it goes…

I believe…

• in short days and long soirée
• in old friends who keep older secrets
• that happiness begins with dessert
• in the power of a little black dresses
• in the highest potential of people even if they never achieve it
• one should always over dress and never under dress
• pumps supersede flats
• one can never go wrong with pearls… unless you’re going to a Drake concert
• one should never put off buying tomorrow what you could be wearing today
• when you can’t impress them with personality, dazzle them with accessories
• a hand up isn’t as hard to take as a handout
• charm is the key to everything
• make the most of who comes and the least of who goes
• nothing is more alluring than a good sale except maybe the sex appeal of a man
• too many times people follow the line of least resistance, but a good line is hard to resist
• hating people won’t make you pretty
• there is a song lyric for every situation life throws at you
• value instantly increases on anything you are told you can no longer attain
• the grass isn’t always greener
• silence is a girl’s loudest cry
• genies shouldn’t limit wishes
• it is better to be looked over than over looked

Confession! Just a few paragraphs ago, I lied. A lot has changed about me since I was a little girl… maybe not the foundation of who I am or my basic look, but I have indeed changed. Even in the past few months I’ve changed… A LOT-- some for the good, some for the bad.

“For as much as she stumbles, she’s running…. For as much as she runs, she’s still here... May the damage of her days disappear…” Thanks Eli Young for writing lyrics for my situation right this very minute. Notice: what I am about to share is my most important belief of all:

I believe above all else, everything I am NOT makes up everything I am.

Just because I wander, doesn’t mean I am lost. I’m still here. It’s still me. Grown up, learning, and more ready than ever to rule the world… Well, maybe not THE world, but at least MY life!

No comments:

Post a Comment